Zum Inhalt springen

Khazdul

Kili Oakenshield

Empfohlene Beiträge

First of all, welcome to our Forum, Kili. :-)

I hate to tell you, but we aren´t able to translate both names into Khuzdul.

Kili and Fili - are names which seam to be derived from Old-Nordic words meaning "spline-maker" and "rasp" (or maybe also "someone who is hiding something"). But all we know about Khuzdul isn´t enough to produce translations for these meanings.

You may have a look at Ardalambion, the site of Helge. He has listed there almost everything known about attested vocabulary and structure of this language. (There have been published some additional new words in the latest editions of Parma Eldalamberon if I remember correctly, but even those won´t help us there.)

Bearbeitet von Avor

thank you very much.. :-)

danke für die shnelle Antwort.

but i only want the letters in khazdul you know?

not a translationn.

i hope you knwo what i mean..

So you're talking about transcribing? The writing system typically used to express Khuzdul is called Angerthas. You'll find tables with corresponding Latin characters in the Lord Of The Rings' Appendix. Or you could google for Angerthas and will find the character tables.

Unfortunetely I'm not familiar with that system. However all characters you'll need seem to be available, so you should experience no difficulties when transcribing these two names. You should also be aware that there are different modes on how to use the characters. Although this should play no role for transcribing Fili and Kili, you might want to know, that the dwarves in Erebor attributed different sounds to the Angerthas than the Moria dwarves, for example they use different characters for the s- and h-sound. These differences are marked in the LoTR-Appendix and probably also on websites discussing the Angerthas.

Bearbeitet von mathias

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Leider enthält Dein Inhalt Begriffe, die wir nicht zulassen. Bitte bearbeite Deinen Inhalt, um die unten hervorgehobenen Wörter zu entfernen.
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung wiederherstellen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...